Pear Bluberry Crisp
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Baking by Michael McCamley
2 pears (recipe called for Bosc, but I used Bartlett), peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon apple juice or water (I used water)
1/2 teaspoon corn-starch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular flour if you have a normal American diet)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats (or regular)
1 stick dairy free butter, plus more for greasing (or regular butter, I used dairy/soy free Earth Balance)
1) Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2) Place the blueberries, pears, apple juice or water, corn starch, cinnamon, and honey in a bowl and mix well.
3) Mix flour, sugar, oats, and butter in large bowl, rubbing together the ingredients with your finger tips.
4) Spread a small layer of crisp mixture over the bottom of dish. Arrange the pear/blueberry mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining crisp mixture over that.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and slightly crisp on top.