Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pear Blueberry Crisp

For Christmas my sister gave me a gluten free baking cookbook. Every recipe has a picture. Just like a good cookbook should. And they all look tasty! I've had the opportunity to bake a few things now so I know from experience they indeed are. One of the recipes I couldn't wait to make was a crisp. Buttery granola, with fruit, cinnamon, and sugar - ahhhhhh! The recipe was technically an Apple Pear Crisp, but after a few adjustments it became a dairy and gluten free Pear Blueberry Crisp. I decided to make it for a New Year's Eve gathering and again a few days later it was so good. I literally ate the entire pan by myself in two days because I loved it that much. So please make this. Ain't no joke. This crisp is serious business. And it's very easy to put together.



Pear Bluberry Crisp
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Baking by Michael McCamley

Ingredients:

Filling:
2 pears (recipe called for Bosc, but I used Bartlett), peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup blueberries 
1 tablespoon apple juice or water (I used water)
1/2 teaspoon corn-starch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey

Oat Crisp:
1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular flour if you have a normal American diet)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats (or regular)
1 stick dairy free butter, plus more for greasing (or regular butter, I used dairy/soy free Earth Balance)

Directions: 

1) Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish. 
2) Place the blueberries, pears, apple juice or water, corn starch, cinnamon, and honey in a bowl and mix well. 
3) Mix flour, sugar, oats, and butter in large bowl, rubbing together the ingredients with your finger tips. 
4) Spread a small layer of crisp mixture over the bottom of dish. Arrange the pear/blueberry mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining crisp mixture over that.  
5) Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and slightly crisp on top. 

Devour. 

XX, A! 

No comments:

Post a Comment