Sunday, January 19, 2014
Gluten - Free Blueberry Popovers
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup popover pan or standard muffin pan.
2) Whisk together the eggs, butter, and milk in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with the xanthan gum and salt, then gradually sift and whisk into the liquid ingredients until you have a smooth batter. If, despite your best efforts, there are more than a few tiny lumps, strain them out of your batter with a sieve. Stir in blueberries.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
5) Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the popovers are deep brown.
6) Serve warm with maple syrup and powdered sugar on top, if you like.