Spring is here, which in my mind means Summer is right around the corner. This thought also makes me crave frozen delights like ice cream and popsicles. Which, having IC and being lactose intolerant, makes very hard to find frozen Summer treats I can enjoy. I don't recall how I found this recipe, probably somehow via Pinterest and mindless blog clicking, but that doesn't matter really. All that matters is these are scrumptious, dairy free, and IC friendly! Woohoo! I think they probably taste best with coconut milk, but feel free to test that hypothesis out and get back to me. In the meantime, give your taste buds a little preview into Summer and make these! They're too easy not to. :)
Blueberries and Cream Popsicles
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen work
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 90 seconds.
2. Take a taste, if it’s sweet enough, pour into popsicle molds. If not, feel free to add more maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. I used about 2 tablespoons maple syrup total in mine.