Recipe adapted from: http://thankheavens.com.au/2013/09/26/the-worlds-best-carob-brownie/
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
6 tablespoons roasted carob powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (I used dairy/soy free Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon powdered sugar to sprinkle on baked brownies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F (or 350° F if using metal pan). Grease an 8x8 pan.
2. Place dry ingredients (minus the sugar) in a bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and cream the mixture until fluffy and white.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
5. Add dry ingredients. Beat just until wet and dry ingredients are combined.
6. Scrape brownie mixture into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake in glass pan 30-35 minutes at 325° F or in metal pan for about 25 minutes at 350° F.
Watch cooking times carefully. When a toothpick inserted into center of baking dish comes out clean brownies are done. Brownies are supposed to have a soft, chewy center. :)
Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting - if you're crazy patient like that. When cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional.)