Tuesday, January 29, 2013
It's been a while since I've written a review on my blog, but now I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. Let me also remind you that I am in no way compensated or persuaded to write these reviews (although, I wouldn't mind a free product or two if ya get my drift). This month I have a few beauty products I have discovered to tell you about. Of all the similar products out there, these are brands and items I keep coming back to. I know what a disappointment it can be to try new items and dislike them so I hope to save you from that disaster and give you some great new products you'll love, too! If you have any recommendations to share, please do! I love recommendations myself!
* The first item is the Yes To Blueberries cleansing facial towelettes. I am a fan of the Yes To brand and have tried several of the facial cleansing wipes and liked them. I plan to try their other products as well, so I will keep you posted on how I like them. These towelettes do a great job of taking off all the makeup and grime from the day and contain blueberry, coconut, lemon peel, and apple to nourish skin. They are also 99% natural and smell amazing. Just like Trix cereal. Yes, please!
* Next up, is the L'Oreal Elnett hairspray. Not only does this hairspray hold well without making my locks crispy or frizzy, but the can features a super sassy and timeless broad on the front who encourages you to go big or go home. I recommend getting the travel size from a store like Ulta and giving it a try! One thing to note: If you don't buy the unscented kind the smell is a little weird.
* Moisturising Shave Creme - I love that if I don't have time to moisturize this stuff does the trick. It also gives me a close nick free shave and reminds me of my favorite in shower Olay body lotion - reviewed here.
* The Body Shop Shower Creams/Gels are my favorite body washes. I tend to have drier skin and this stuff is soap free and doesn't dry out my skin. My favorite scent is Strawberry, but Ulta was out so I decided to try Coconut this time. It's a lot of product for not a bad price and lasts for a while.
* Clarisonic facial cleaning brushes are the best. I had been wanting one for a while and did quite the research to see which one was the best deal, as there are several models. I decided to go with the compact Mia 2 after reading several reviews stating that one speed is all you really need. This dude is definitely worth the money. It feels so good on your face and deep cleans like nothing else. It's like a spa facial at home! I bought mine during good ol' Cyber Monday and found a great deal online. Get yourself one. Oh, and they come in the cutest colors. You won't be disappointed.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
I've missed blogging about SO many things - birthdays, holidays, Disneyland vacations, business trips, product reviews, recipes, etc. and I am SO sorry to the one person who may read this. And I'm also sorry because I do not intend to catch up. I'm mostly sorry to myself because I really want to write about all of these things, but I have way too many other priorities that need attention. Let's just say, it's good to have Jeremiah home, I took my sister to see a Cirque Du Soleil show for her birthday, Disneyland was a blast and I finally got to ride the tea cups, I baked a TON (you're welcome co-workers), and Christmas was classic, meaningful, and beautiful with my family. Now we're on to 2013 and I have so much to do that blogging about the details of my life for, well no one really, seems a little selfish and like a bad use of time. But I promise to be back soon debuting my new "priority." In the meantime, look through my old posts because I have some yummy recipes and funny stories, and am proud of my past posts. They're like an online diary of sorts. And aren't those always fun to go through?