Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Ooh Daddy Like" Part 2

When I get excited about things I love I like to share them! There are so many options of items to buy or use out there, it can be a headache deciding. Online reviews can be helpful, but sometimes it's hard to know if you can trust them. That's why I like giving my own reviews and hope you'll trust me, since I am not affiliated with any brand/company. Here are some things you should try if you're in the market:

 In shower body lotion! Olay is the best! I have tried Gillette Satin Care as well, but prefer the smell and moisturizing abilities of Olay better. During the work week, I rarely wake up early enough to lotion my body after showering and hate putting on cold lotion that I then have to let dry. This stuff saves me so much time and lets me get warm in my clothes sooner. I am also able to slather it on in the shower and wash my hands off right there. No greasy lotion hands to re-wash after getting out or cold lotion to apply. Every girl should have some of this in her shower.


Staying in the world of moisturizers and grease free hands... I tend to have dry skin and my hands can get pretty bad in winter. However, I do not like the greasy feeling most hand lotions leave behind or how long they take to dry. I used to love the anti-bacterial hand lotion sold at Bath and Body Works because the alcohol in it allowed it to dry quickly, it had light moisturizing abilities, and killed germs. Then it disappeared. When I asked an employee a couple years ago why, she said the alcohol is too drying and blah blah blah. She tried to get me to buy that thick shea butter lotion everyone is obsessed with, but no thank you. I do not like that feeling on my hands and it never dries. Then if I touch my face or rest my chin in my hands I get greasy lotion on my face. Well this Christmas, while perusing B&B, lo and behold I see the anti-bacterial hand lotion is back! Why I don't know, but I was so excited! While, I know it's not for everyone, I love all the benefits it offers - light weight, quick drying, germ killing, and in your favorite scent. This is probably my favorite scent - Coconut Lime Verbena. Sends my thoughts to warmer sunnier places :)

Laugh if you will, but you won't be laughing after you try this! Jack Daniel's Pulled Chicken. There are also pork varieties available. However, make sure you buy it from Costco. It's the best deal! Safeway sells it for nearly the same price, but you only get 1 package and at Costco you get 2. This is such an easy and quick meal to make. Each package makes quite a few servings, as well. You can microwave or cook it in the oven and both turn out equally tasty!






"Priceline Negotiator!" I remember the first time Jeremiah and I used Priceline to get a hotel room for a weekend trip to Seattle. It was exciting waiting to see what the Shat had negotiated and we were pleasantly surprised. A 4-star hotel for less than $100! Now we use it all the time for smaller trips. We just used it for a hotel in SoCal and are very happy with the hotel and location. If you have never Pricelined before, it's very simple. You pick your location, price, enter you payment information, and voila! A message saying something to likes of , "Congratulations your price was accepted. Your hotel is______." appears. Your price won't always be accepted, but I have been surprised by the low amounts I enter assuming to be rejected, only to be congratulated with my offer. While you don't know the hotel you're getting until after you are charged, the excitement and feeling of getting a good deal can't beat with any other method of booking travel :)

Bad Review-

Usually you only hear about things people enjoy, but sometimes wonder about other options you've seen and are not sure what reviews you can trust. It's nice to read reviews of things people don't like so you can then you can decide if you want to take the chance of purchasing it. Therefore, I have included one review that reflects a product I was disappointed with:

I bought Cargo Texas Lash from Sephora not long ago because well... everything is bigger in Texas! I was hoping it would give me super sized Texas lashes full of volume and drama. While it wasn't the worst mascara I have ever used, I won't be buying it again. It was very clumpy and hard to get off, despite not being waterproof. First off, I don't have time to endlessly comb through my lashes every morning to remove all the clumps and while I enjoy a mascara that stays put, I was worried it was damaging and causing my lashes to fall out just trying to get it off. It may work for you, but didn't for me. Just a heads up if you want to try this mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment