Wednesday, March 28, 2012
1. People like it when you buy them practical gifts from their registry. They took the time to pick them out so try to get them something from their list, in addition to that "My Mommy Rocks" onesie.
2. Newborn sized diapers are probably the least used size. Buy multiple sizes! Especially, since most people tend to buy newborn sized for baby showers. This goes for clothing, too! Most newborns are in the teeny sizes for such a short period of time. Get some bigger sizes in season appropriate attire.
3. Always call before visiting. Whether it be at the hospital or home. New moms are tired and have been bombarded by calls/texts/visitors all day/every day for the first few weeks. It is polite to check-in or at least give a head's up that you are coming. Who knows if they're napping or indecent!
4. Bring a gift (balloons or flowers count) to the first viewing. It's just polite.
5. In this day of social media, it is important to not be posting the family's business all over the web. Let the parents be the first to announce the details or post the first picture. Then ask permission, if you must.
I know it's impossible to guarantee people will follow these rules, so I hope I have patience and grace on those who don't when it's my turn to be on the receiving end. After all, it's not everyday a baby is born... at least not to you!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
After 3 years of marriage, we finally bought new furniture! I had been wanting a sectional for years, but practically, a sectional does not fit into our home like I imagined. So, we kept putting it off. But I am tired of leather. It is not warm and soft on my little white skin when I want to laze around. So, for Valentine's Day guess what the best hubby of the year got me? A giftcard to a furniture store! Now I was forced to pick out furniture. We looked online for weeks and watched the sales before we went in. We went in looking at sectionals still, but then fell in love with the last set we saw! We immediately sat on it and LOVED it - neutral colors AND big and plush! Plus, when we move we will be able to put this stuff anywhere and maybe get a sectional then (I don't know why I want one so bad, I just do). So the next time you come to the Atkins be prepared to sit in comfort and style. Oh, and added bonus: All our leather furniture will now be moved into our new theater room! I will have to blog about our theater soon. Just have a few details to iron out (a.k.a. we want an awesome popcorn popper, mini fridge, microwave, and snack shack built-in). Can't have a theater without snacks! In the mean time, enjoy a sneak peak of the movie screen:
Friday, March 9, 2012
I haven't written a review blog in a while, but not because I haven't had things to talk about, I just haven't had the time. Between work, home improvements, baby showers, and birthdays my weeks and weekends have been full to the brim! But I do want to share a few things I have tried over the past few months with you all.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
|Started the work day with Him.|
|Went for a run with my sister in her neighborhood - where one of my dream homes exists. If you live here, or know who does, my apologies for photographing your home.|
|Organized our "closet room." This is one of my favorite shirts! I received it at my bridal shower almost 4 years ago! Can you believe it?!?|
|Reminisced about the year 2003, while looking at this calender that graces the wall in our closet room. I received one of the first "Who is Mr. Winkle" calenders as a gift in 2003 and it has now become decor in my home. Who wouldn't want to get dressed in the morning in the presence of Mr. Winkle?|
|Spent some time tonight with my girl, Tiffany.|