Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Raves and Faves

I haven't written a review blog in a while, but not because I haven't had things to talk about, I just haven't had the time. Between work, home improvements, baby showers, and birthdays my weeks and weekends have been full to the brim! But I do want to share a few things I have tried over the past few months with you all.

Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips - One cold Sunday evening, Jeremiah and I took a typical walk to Walgreen's to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. That's where I noticed the Sallie Hansen Nail Polish Strips on sale. I'd seen them a million times, but wasn't sure the $10 price tag was worth it. Since my nails were looking rather plain that night, and I didn't have a manicure scheduled for 2 weeks, I caved and bought them. They took some time to get on, but since there was no dry time the total time my hands were useless was minimal. Still, I wasn't convinced they would stay on 10 days. Well, that Sally proved me wrong and after a few days of washing my hair, doing dishes, laundry, and painting our bathroom they were still holding strong. They lasted all the way until I got my first Shellac manicure at Nouveau. While they are a little pricey for what they are, the time saved not waiting for your nails to dry and chip free polish are worth it - especially, if you don't get regular manicures.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer - I don't discriminate when it comes to make-up. I try drugstore brands just as much as I do my beloved Sephora brands. When my fave Sephora primer ran out I decided to try something cheap to get me by until I could go to Sephora that weekend. So I picked up a $7 Rimmel primer. Turns out, I loved it! I never went to Sephora that weekend and kept using this primer instead. It made my skin so soft and my makeup went on more smoothly. After I ran out, I decided to try Maybelline and L'Oreal primers. Neither worked as well and were more expensive. The Rimmel primer worked almost as well as my favorite Smashbox brand! Different primers work better for different skin types, but if you're in a pinch try Rimmel and let me know how it works for you!

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara- So, while I am embarrassed to admit it - I follow Lauren Conrad on Twitter, as well as her beauty blog. Don't judge! Anyway, she wrote about her favorite mascara one time, and while I though it would be an expensive brand, turns out it was Maybelline. I decided to give it a whirl and it is the best drugstore brand I have ever tried. The waterproof is even better than the regular. It's not super watery or clumpy like most. This is definitely second to my Diorshow!


PackIt Lunch Bag - Taking food that needs to be refrigerated to work can be a hassle. Using the community fridge is a scary thing. Will your food be stolen? Will someone clean out the fridge that day and toss your goodies? But if you keep your food at your desk, will you eat it before it's out of the food "safety zone"? Plus, the kitchen is always so far away! Well, my mom told me about an infomercial she saw about something called the PackIt Lunch Bag. I promptly Googled it and decided I needed one. So for Christmas what do you think she got me? Yep! It's awesome! I wish they made more sizes! The PackIt is a lunch bag with gel filled sides that you fold and freeze for 12 hours. It then keeps your food refrigerator cold for up to 10 hours. It works best if you can freeze it for the full 12 hours, but I usually freeze it for less and it keeps my food cold enough until lunch time. You can get 2 lunch bags for $20, so it's a great deal! Check them out: http://www.packit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment