Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

5 Year Honeymoon

This past August we celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss. Or as Jeremiah's favorite joke goes, 3 years happily married. 5 total. Hardy har har, Mr. Atkins. I cannot believe we have been married five years! It seems like it was just yesterday Jeremiah was bringing Lil' Jackie cat treats to steal my heart and taking me on wild and crazy trips to woo me. It all worked and I'm glad it did. Being married is the most meaningful adventure I've ever been on and one of the most awesome experiences in life. Even for all you marriage haters (I know I was there) I recommend it. ;)

For our anniversary, we originally planned to go to the San Juans, but that quickly changed when I decided I wanted to go to a Seahawks game instead. And Jeremiah being the awesome guy he is, bought me tickets for our anniversary. Lets try and forget about the 500% mark up on Stubhub we had to pay. Yikes! We still planned to do a weekend or day trip on our actual anniversary, as well. However, we are in the middle of a serious indoor remodel of our home and when the weekend came upon us we both looked at each other exhausted and had no desire to do anything. Haha. We both just wanted to stay home, keep working on the house, and get some sleep. So not like us! We love to get away and use every celebration as an opportunity to do so. So you know we were tired! It was nice to know neither one of us was letting the other down by not wanting to go. So Jeremiah got his Swiss Army Victorinox watch he'd been eyeing for a while and I got my game. So excited we still have that to look forward. It will be the perfect celebration of the place we got engaged and a welcome to Fall. 

Xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment