Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cascade, Idaho

Well, where do I start! For those of you who may not know, my father-in-law is an announcer in his spare time and announces at rodeos during the summer. This requires (or so my FIL thinks) that Jeremiah help out by running the sound. So I usually tag along and get a mini-vacay out of it. Let's also make it clear that I am not a rodeo gal! Jeremiah's step-mom likes to tell the story of how at my first rodeo I wore these adorable strappy wedges and when we had to trek over and under the arena fence through dust, dirt, and mud I was quite the sight! Even still, both Jeremiah and I look so out of place at these things and my Honda Accord sticks out like sore thumb in the sea of Fords and Dodges. But I can't say it is not an adventure! We also get to see some beautiful country side that we might not otherwise. Well, this June we went to Bickelton, WA. for their annual fair and rodeo and in August we went to Cascade, ID - way over in mountain standard time. That one hour time change gave me some serious mountain-lag. I didn't snap any photos in Bickelton, but I managed to get a few in Cascade, ID. Cascade is a pretty little town about an hour from Boise with a nice lake and amazing rafting park! Getting there was a little tricky, as a fire closed the main highway and caused us to detour through a dusty and windy mountain road that added on at least an hour to our travel time! During this time, my husband noticed the tire on the car making an odd noise. Turns out, we had a lug nut loose which caused the drive home to get rather interesting. Nothing like changing a tire on the side of the road and stopping in every little podunk town to find a tire shop open on a Sunday to help. But the light at the end of the tunnel was eating at an Arctic Circle after getting the tire fixed. That made everything  better. All in all, it was nice to spend some quality time with my hubby and the hotel we stayed at was adorable and had the best sugar cookies - I may or may not have snuck more than my fair share each night. Below are some snapshots from our trip:

Kelly's Whitewater Park.


My dreamboat hubby.

 

Souvenir shopping - Jeremiah taught me that girls should never wear Idaho shirts. Period.


The window seat in our hotel room where my daily naps took place.
Cozied up by the fire in our new slippers.



Oh, you know, me and my mother-in-law just helping change the tire...


The universe's reward for our troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment