Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

I Surrender... Almost

I have been fighting the urge so hard, even though I drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes, sip warm vanilla milk, look at all the pumpkin and leaf decor, and slowly inch my way into longer sleeved clothing and socks, I try to resist giving into fall until the calender says I must. It's really not that hard when it is still 80 degrees in the afternoon. However, the signs are in the air: crisp breezes, cool mornings and evenings, unstable weather systems causing rain and thunderstroms, and soon the leaves will change and begin to fall softly and beautifully to the ground. Okay, okay... Fall is not that bad, it's just that I am never ready for it and do not appreciate being cold! Especially, since our Summer was so slow to warm up. I am thankful though, because it really has been somewhat of an "Indian Summer" for us. But alas, in 3 days it will officially be Fall. And while it may not totally feel that way, with the 81 degree weather predicted for the weekend, I recognize that those days are getting fewer and farther in between. I suppose it's time I get geared up and ready to put out my pumpkin candles and leaf candy dish (okay, that is already out), and welcome another beautiful season!

The scent of pumpkin, football games, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Halloween candy and costumes, baking Fall treats, carving pumpkins, cozy sweaters, the beautiful colors on the trees... what is your favorite part of Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment