Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Best Of The Tri-Cities


Aerial View Of The  Columbia River

As promised weeks ago, I am now starting my, "Best Of The Tri-Cities" posts. I originally was going to call it, "Tri-Cities Top 10s," but found I could easily come up with more than 10 items for each category I planned to cover. So, to start it all off I am going to give a shout out to all that makes the Tri-Cities great, in my eyes, and hope you agree with some part of it. Then we're off to explore some more fun categories of to-do's, eats, places, and, TC pleasures! Hope you enjoy!

Best of The Tri-Cities:

- 300+ days of sunshine a year
- 4 distinct seasons
- 4th largest city in the state (combining all 3); yet small enough to feel somewhat safe and keep traffic light
- It is flat and therefore, has less clouds and rain
- Our summer heat is dry, which helps keep it from feeling "Southern" hot
- We are on the map thanks to Hanford
- Close enough drive to the Pacific Ocean, Canada, and Idaho and Oregon (practically minutes away)
- The Columbia River provides for great boating and water sports
- Wine Country anyone?
- Beautiful green trees , brown hillsides, and blue waters surround us
- 2 people: K-Fed & Sara Palin... Okay, not so much to those last 2? Fine ;)

What do you love about the Tri-Cities? I know you can come up with something.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It's so true, and definitely what sucked me in after coming home from college. Maybe we can have you write a Best of Inland NW column!?

    ReplyDelete