Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Carob Hot Cocoa

I have been so deprived of hot cocoa for the last two years. I used to drink it like crazy all winter long with so many marshmallows you couldn't see the cocoa for miles. I don't know why I never thought of using carob powder to appease my palate. But I am glad I did now. I was worried it might not taste that great, and while it's obviously different, it still has a rich chocolate like essence to it. It helps fill the void for sure. And carob is full of minerals and good things, supposedly, so that's a bonus! I really really enjoyed this drink! So IC-ers and chocolate allergic rejoice! I could best describe it as a rich, nutty, coffee-like chocolate flavor. So if you're into that, give it a try.
 

Carob Hot Cocoa

1 cup rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or lactose-free milk (or use real milk, if you don't have dairy issues)
1 teaspoon carob powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar to taste 
Butt loads of marshmallows, if you want (yes, BUTT loads, I said it)

Stir carob into milk in saucepan over medium heat for a couple minutes, until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla, sugar, and marshmallows. 

Enjoy. 

X, A! 

No comments:

Post a Comment