Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The IC Life

Hi everyone! I don't post much about what's going on with my health, but I plan to change that. Not in the sense that I want you to know every little detail about my body, but I do want to share what I'm doing and trying on the path to recovery from IC.

I'm always on the lookout for information and stories from those who have similar struggles and it can be hard to find upbeat positive people who fight tooth and nail to not let their struggles overcome them. I appreciate everyone who opens up and shares their experience, but so many people simply want a place to vent (we all need that) or even complain without making any life changes or doing anything about their situation. It can be so easy to stay stuck in that depression and fear that health issues can cause and I want to inspire people to overcome it! 

I may fail everyday at being who I want to be, but I refuse to be defined by my health struggles or failures. I want to live despite what I'm going through. I want to fight for my life and all I want out of it. And I want to share it with you! I want to show you the happy and not so happy parts of struggling with IC, how I deal, what works or doesn't for me, along with recipes, food ideas, travel advice, and other tips for living with IC. 

If you ever have any question or comments, please leave them here! But remember to be polite and respectful. We're all just doing our best here and there is no reason to be mean. The world has enough of that. 

So I hope you enjoy my blog and stick around. Because you're not alone. I'm not alone. And we CAN do this!

XX,
A






























2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog through the IC facebook page - I love finding other patients who are sharing their story and ideas to help others cope. IC can be such a confusing and lonely illness that it is nice to see people sharing their positive stories about life with a chronic illness! I am definitely going to try your no tomato red sauce recipe! If you'd like, check out my IC blog as well, the link is happyhealingIC.blogspot.com. i was diagnosed last year and am doing SO much better a year later with some diet and lifestyle changes. Take care! xx Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Janie! IC is a crazy thing. So nice to meet others who are on this journey. I love your blog. Great info! Will definitely be checking it out on a regular basis. Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete