Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Pretty Face Is A Clean Face

I hate cleaning my makeup brushes and probably go way too long without doing it. Once I do clean them, I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. Well, I was just about to buy new brushes the last time mine needed a cleaning, when I decided to google ideas on cleaning makeup brushes. I was about to give up (as I had tried everything) when I came across something different. A girl recommended cleaning your brushes the same way painters clean their brushes. Painters know you can't just wash your brushes; you have to condition them too! The hair in the brushes will dry out just like real hair if you only use a soap based cleaner. That night I tried out this newly discovered technique and it made my brushes like new. Putting makeup on actually felt good the next day! This technique is so simple and only takes 2 items you probably already have in your kitchen. All you do is pour a few tablespoons (depending on how many brushes you're cleaning) of dish soap and a teaspoon or so of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) side by side onto to a plate. Then mix the 2 together using your brushes. You will instantly see all of the makeup and yuck coming out of your brushes. Next, paint your brush onto your hand or another absorbent (but not drying surface) to literally "paint" the makeup out. Finally, rinse and let air dry in your preferred method of drying (preferably bristles down so the water won't drain into the handle and ruin the glue that holds the hairs in). This is the best method I have found for cleaning my brushes and it really impressed me. If your brushes could use a cleaning and you don't want to spend the money on a brush cleaner, try this! It really works! A pretty face is a clean face! So keep the dirt, grime, and oil out of your brushes and off of your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment