Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Interstitial Cystitis Regimen

Some of you may have watched my YouTube video (or not, but you definitely should as I go into detail about what the supplements are used for) and wished for a written list of the supplements (non- prescription) I take to manage my IC. So I thought I'd put it here in writing so it's a bit easier to see and follow along with. Like I said in the video, many of the brands I take do not contain preservatives or fillers so they are IC friendly - but everyone is different. You may need to try out a few brands in order to find one you can tolerate. I'll provide the links to the brands I use in case you want to start there. I won't go into details on the supplements I mentioned that I want to try because I can't personally vouch for them, yet, but when I can I'll do another video and post my thoughts. For now, here is a list of the oral supplements I've tried and what I currently take:

Current:
Vitamin D 5,000 IU - also at Fred Meyer
Fish Oil Supplement 1240 mg - also at Rite Aid
Probiotic 50 Billion live cultures - refrigerated at most local stores
Serrapeptase 40,000 units - also at Super Supplements
Bladder Ease - only found online
Prelief - also at Walgreen's

Previous Supplements:
MSM+Glucosamine
Krill Oil
Quercetin
Magnesium
CystoProtek
*One item I forgot to mention in the video is AZO - which is the over the counter bladder coating medication. This helped me in the beginning, but now I feel as if it makes me worse off when I take it so I no longer do. But it did help for a while and I know helps many with pain, frequency and urgency. Worth a try.

**Again, I am not a medical professional and cannot give medical advice. Please talk to your doctor or naturopath about taking any supplements.

XX, A!

No comments:

Post a Comment