Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

IC Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Covered Kate has done it once again! I am not exaggerating when I say she has some of the best dessert recipes out there for healthy-ish, allergy friendly, mouth watering treats. The girl's got a gift! I make these Chocolate Chip Cookies weekly - they are that good and easy. I adapted mine to be chocolate free (and therefore, IC friendly) and they are still good. I made a whole batch yesterday and ate them all. Now I wish I saved a few for today... Oops. The recipe does not make very many cookies and I typically get about 6-10 cookies, depending on how large I make them. This is good for those with less than ideal self control. I will post Katie's recipe below, but note the adaptations I made and what worked best for me. Sooooo... This is the only picture I got before I ate the last cookie. Sorry, 'bout it. Make your own and you can see for yourself. ;)
  

IC Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe via: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/04/27/worlds-healthiest-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Ingredients
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour (I used GF - Flour. You can use all-purpose, spelt, or oat.)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup sweetened carob chips (IC Friendly) or chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (what I used) or brown sugar.
2 tablespoons white sugar (omit or decrease if you have no sweet tooth)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil (my preference - I have also used DF Butter), vegetable oil, or pre-melted margarine
1-3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used rice milk), as needed

Directions
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet.
3) Form cookies and bake 6-7 minutes (I baked mine on Parchment paper). Take out when still underdone - they’ll continue to cook while cooling, so you don’t want them to get hard.


Enjoy.

XX, A!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment