This Summer for our annual family vacation we headed to Seaside, OR. We used to vacation at Seaside when I was a kid and it hasn't lost it's charm. My niece and nephews hadn't experienced Seaside before so it was so precious to see their little faces light up when they saw the ocean for the first time, felt the unstable sand beneath their toes, and saw all the crazy looking sea creatures. It was nothing short of a blast and I am blessed to have spent quality time at the ocean with those I love. Some of our favorite moments included:
* Finding a penny at Multnomah falls for our usual penny print souvenir Jeremiah and I get everywhere we go and then finding one in the dryer at our beach house. I didn't have to spend a cent on this souvenir! (Side note and fun tip: I turn the pressed pennies into magnets so every time I look at the fridge I am reminded of all the cool places we have been.)
* Jeremiah running from the beach to a toyshop downtown to buy a kite when he realized how perfect the weather was for kite flying. And it was the craziest kite flying I've ever seen! Surprised no bystanders lost an eye! Said kite was also a U.S. Navy kite (my brother-in-law, Leroy, was in the navy). Let the bromance begin!
* Buying countless dollars worth of Salt Water Taffy between all of us.
* Deep Fried Twinkies and other treats from the The Buzz On Broadway - the best candy shop I have ever experienced! We served their salt water taffy at our wedding, even :)
* My sister's dog, Grunt, looking happier than I have ever seen him while running wild and free on the beach.
* Eating at Pig N' Pancake. A must do!
* S'mores on the deck of our beach house on a mini BBQ maintenance had to bring when the gas grill conked out on us.
* My 5 year old nephew, Eli, having more fun catching his marshmallows on fire than actually toasting them for the S'mores.
* Several trips to Rite Aid and Safeway for MORE drinks, food, and much "needed" items.
* Carousel rides, bumper cars, and the arcade! Complete with a giant sized version of Fruit Ninja, free games, and TONS of tickets won for the kids.
* My 3 year old niece, Harper, not enjoying the carousel worker calling her "cutie cutie" and pretending to take her shoes while on the ride.
* Seeing the Miss Oregon contestants everywhere (as the pageant was that weekend) and trying to pick out the winner. We were certain Miss Umpqua would take the title. Not only was she well put together, but I was sure she would have received bonus points for being from a place that makes amazing ice cream ;)
* My 10 month old nephew, Samson, getting a handful of a lazy sea anemone. That'll teach them to get complacent after all those years in the aquarium touch pool!
* My brother-in-law's fantastic "photobombing."
* Random Voodoo Doughnut side trips and zoo stops on the way home.
|Pit stop at Multnomah Falls.|
|Looking cute on the deck of the beach house.|
|One of my fave little guys.|
|My fave girl in the world.|
|My other fave little guy.|
|Photobombed by the best.|
|Checking out the sealions at the aquarium.|
|I think he loved the beach more than anyone!|
|Jeremiah flying his kite.|
|S'mores on the deck in our college hoodies.|
|Loving the carousel until, "Hey there, cutie cutie" came and tried to take her shoes.|
|Some of our candy haul.|
|Headed home with some Voodoo Doughnuts.|