Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vanilla Milk

Looking for a simple and delicious nightcap? Then look no further! Warm milk is not only relaxing, but good for the bones. This warm treat is especially tasty in the Fall and Winter months. However, that doesn't stop me from enjoying it year round. My mom always made warm Vanilla Milk for my sister and I growing up and as an adult I make it all the time for myself! Okay, okay... there are times I ask my mom to make it for me when I am at her house, but I am just trying to keep her connected to my childhood, like any thoughtful daughter would. Ladies and gents, put down your wine and try this before bedtime :)

Vanilla Milk

Ingredients

1 C milk
1 t Vanilla
Sugar to taste (I think about 1.5 t is perfect)

Directions

Pour milk and vanilla into sauce pan and heat over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, depending on how hot you like your milk. Stir occasionally - being careful not to scorch your milk! Once warm, add sugar and stir.

Personally, I then like to let mine sit for a few minutes to get that "skin" on top (kind of like warm pudding does). It adds character to the drink ;)

* This recipe has not been tested with soy/rice or other non-dairy "milks."

No comments:

Post a Comment