Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Sprung On Spring

Spring has sprung and although this spring weather is less than warm enough in my eyes, I am excited that summer is just around the corner. In the meantime, I have some fun activities lined up to help keep me occupied during these windy rainy months. In May, I am going to the Taste Of Home cooking school with my mom and sister. This is something we have been wanting to do for years, but the tickets always sold out fast. This year we bought them the first day and are ready to go. Next up, I plan on taking a cake decorating class, finally! This is also something I have wanted to do for over a year now, but have not had time and too many of the classes have been during the day when I work. This week I am going to sign up and hope to fit one of the classes into my schedule. I can't wait! The last thing I want to do this spring is start volunteering somewhere. I am thinking possibly at the Pregnancy Center, but we'll see. I have a passion for babies and parenting and although I am not a parent, I think 4 years of Psychology (including child developement and infant classes), working at 2 seperate child care centers, and working at a psychiatric hospital for children and then working with adults in that same hospital (many whom were parents) has given me a good idea of the affects of certain behaviors and actions on children. I have a strong desire to help educate people, especially young parents, on how to be the best parent they can be for this new life they created. A baby is born with all the potential in the world and it breaks my heart when this is destroyed by someones selfishness or lack of resources to better their life. Being a parent is the most important job in the world and I want others to see it that way too. Who wouldn't want a better life for their child than they had? Being the best parent you can be is where that starts. So, we'll see if that's what I end up doing. For now, I pray I can be a positive influence in someway somewhere. Send some prayers my way if you think about :) As for me and Jeremiah, we plan to go hiking at Multnomah Falls sometime soon (I know hiking?), to get on some more home improvements, and our first rodeo (Jeremiah runs the sound for his dad who is the announcer - no bull riding for us thank you very much) is in May as well. Did I mention we have 2 babies due in our family within the next month? Exciting! Well, that's it for now. Next up: Summertime Fun! My FAVORITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment